Ladies Lunch Club
Chairman and Contact: Mrs Anne Andersen 01424 842002 firstname.lastname@example.org
A Group of Ladies of the Association meet bi-monthly on the 3rd Thursday of alternate months starting in January, at the Brickwall Hotel, Sedlescombe.
We gather from 12.15pm in the bar for a drink and a chat and the chance to buy raffle tickets, and at 12.45pm go into a very pleasant dining room for our meal; main course, dessert and coffee.
At about 2.00pm, we have a Speaker who talks for ½ - ¾ hour and answers any questions, and then we draw the raffle. Our Speakers cover a wide range of subjects; usually a couple each year are political.
Within the last 18 months we have had the following speakers:
- 19th January (Alice Webster - Director of Nursing, E Sussex - NHS update)
- 16th March (Christine Francis - Birth of a unique Seaside Resort)
- 18th May (Michael Foster DL - High Sheriff of E Sussex 2016-2017 - A Year as High Sheriff)
- 20th July (Brigadier Hugh Willing CBE - The Pirate Kings of Puntland)
- 21st September (Edward Preston - Our Lady Writers)
- 16th November (Stephen Chamberlain - Supporting Grassroots Community Groups across Sussex)
- 17th January (Samuel Holmes - Understanding Dementia)
- 21st March (Andrew Seymour - RNLI and working with Rye Harbour)
- 16th May (Penny Jones - A day in the life of a Constituency Case Worker)
The speakers for the next three sessions are as follows:
- 18th July (Katy Bourne - Police & Crime Commissioner)
- 19th September (Huw Merriman MP - An update form our local MP within the world of Westminster)
- 21st November (Sally-Ann Hart - A Magistrate's Day)
It is a very pleasant social occasion and is well supported by many regular members.
The annual cost to be a member of the Lunch Club is £10.00, to cover the expense of printing the annual programme on a card for each member, and contacting members 6 times a year to remind them of the next date and inviting them to confirm if they would like to attend. The cost of the meal is £19.00.
Please contact me if you would like to hear more or wish to join, you will be very welcome!
Mrs Anne Andersen