Ladies Lunch Club
Chairman and Contact: Mrs Anne Andersen 01424 842002 firstname.lastname@example.org
A Group of Ladies of the Association meet bi-monthly on the 3rd Thursday of alternate months starting in January, at the Brickwall Hotel, Sedlescombe.
We gather from 12.15pm in the bar for a drink and a chat and the chance to buy raffle tickets, and at 12.45pm go into a very pleasant dining room for our meal; main course, dessert and coffee.
At about 2.00pm, we have a Speaker who talks for ½ - ¾ hour and answers any questions, and then we draw the raffle. Our Speakers cover a wide range of subjects; usually a couple each year are political.
Within the last 12 months we have had the following speakers:
- 17th January (Samuel Holmes - Understanding Dementia)
- 21st March (Andrew Seymour - RNLI and working with Rye Harbour)
- 16th May (Penny Jones - A day in the life of a Constituency Case Worker)
- 18th July (Katy Bourne - Police & Crime Commissioner)
- 19th September (Huw Merriman MP - An update form our local MP within the world of Westminster)
- 21st November (Sally-Ann Hart - A Magistrate's Day)
It is a very pleasant social occasion and is well supported by many regular members.
We are pleased to announce our speakers and dates are lined up for this year, and are as follows:
- 16th January (Violent Hancock - High Sheriff of East Sussex)
- 19th March (Carol Ward - Chair, Helping Hands, Northiam)
- 21st May (Sally Compton - Vice Chair, Rye Memorial Hospital)
- 16th July (Ben Smith - Winemaker, Oxney Organic Vineyard)
- 17th September (Huw Merriman MP - Inside Parliament)
- 19th November (Julie King - Borough Commander, East Sussex Fire & Rescue Service)
The annual cost to be a member of the Lunch Club is £10.00, to cover the expense of printing the annual programme on a card for each member, and contacting members 6 times a year to remind them of the next date and inviting them to confirm if they would like to attend. The cost of the meal is £19.00.
Please contact me if you would like to hear more or wish to join, you will be very welcome!
Mrs Anne Andersen