Administration & Campaigns Assistant
Bexhill Conservative Association Offices, 6a Amherst Road, Bexhill-on-Sea, TN40 1QJ
The successful Office Administration & Campaign Assistant will be someone enthusiastic and ambitious, who thrives on a wide range of competing challenges. Political and campaigning priorities can change quickly, so working hours will of necessity be varied and flexible. This is a “rolling-up-the-sleeves”, do whatever needs to be done role. The role will be part time between 9.00 – 13.00 Monday – Friday each week with overtime as required (to be agreed in advance) with occasional evening work to administer events and act as Secretary to the Association Management Body the ‘Executive Council’.
The varied role of Administration & Campaigns Assistant includes responsibility for the following:
- Completion of all administrative tasks within the Conservative Association
- Some book-keeping and financial management tasks
- Administration of membership and associated tasks
- Management of some Conservative Association events
- Supporting the Agent in campaign management
- Recruitment and retention of volunteers and members
- Management of the Conservative Association Database (Votesource) ensuring all records are kept up to date and accurate
- Day to day office tasks
- Additional tasks as deemed suitable by the Agent and Chairman
- Be the first point of contact to members of the public and party members (through email, telephone, and face to face)
The Administration & Campaigns Assistant must:
- Be a self-starter
- Be well organised, professional and punctual
- Have strong written and verbal communication skills
- Be able to lead and motivate colleagues and activists
- Be able to work as part and lead a team
- The Association Agent
Successful candidates will receive a competitive salary, paid one month in arrears, dependent on skills and experience. A full training programme will be provided upon appointment. Applicants should be competent users of the Microsoft Office suite. It is desirable that applicants have previous experience of office and administrative tasks and agree with the aims and objectives of the Conservative Party.
We welcome applications from all sections of the community. We value diversity and appoint on merit.
Closing date: Applications will close at 4pm on Friday 1st October 2021. Applicants will be contacted shortly afterwards with a view to employment commencing soon thereafter.
Written Applications should be made to: Cllr. Tom Liddiard, Agent, Bexhill & Battle Conservative Association, 6a Amherst Road, Bexhill-on-Sea, East Sussex, TN40 1QJ. For an informal conversation about the role, please telephone (01424) 219117 on Mondays. All applications should be made in paper form and addressed to the Agent.